I took a look at our twitter and microblogging site. I think the idea of twittering is a clever idea by someone. It's brief, to the point, seems less a waste of time. Doubt I will ever use it but I think it's interesting.
Went back to twitter/microblogging exercise and realized I forgot to make a comment. So I have now posted a comment. My comment was in response to the question "what are you doing?" My comment/response was: trying to get the hang of this "tweeting" technology craze. Okey dokey?
Facebook has 135 fans at the time of this writing.
Yes I found other libraries on facebook. Not as many as I thought I'd find.
I cannot think of any additional items to feature on facebook, but then I don't spend anymore time on a computer here (or at home) than is necessary to complete work related tasks. I still use the old fashioned methods of communication. I call (via home phone - don't own a cell), visit, write cards and/or letters to those I want to communicate with, and they do the same with me.
I think facebook and myspace are similar in that both are intended for social networking.
No I didn't find one more appealing than the other.
I think social networking appeals to such a wide range of people because we are such a highly mobile society, constantly on the move in our personal and professional lives. It's a way for everyone one to "feel" like they're more connected and in touch with each other.
I think you might want to ask users of the different technologies how the library can tap into the potential of social networking.
I checked out the myspace-teen page. I enjoyed their pictures. I also found the "site pimping" feature pretty cool and the phishing warning of interest.
Think that covers everything I was supposed to report in my blog.
Went back to twitter/microblogging exercise and realized I forgot to make a comment. So I have now posted a comment. My comment was in response to the question "what are you doing?" My comment/response was: trying to get the hang of this "tweeting" technology craze. Okey dokey?
ReplyDeletePerfect! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteFacebook has 135 fans at the time of this writing.
ReplyDeleteYes I found other libraries on facebook. Not as many as I thought I'd find.
I cannot think of any additional items to feature on facebook, but then I don't spend anymore time on a computer here (or at home) than is necessary to complete work related tasks. I still use the old fashioned methods of communication. I call (via home phone - don't own a cell), visit, write cards and/or letters to those I want to communicate with, and they do the same with me.
I think facebook and myspace are similar in that both are intended for social networking.
No I didn't find one more appealing than the other.
I think social networking appeals to such a wide range of people because we are such a highly mobile society, constantly on the move in our personal and professional lives. It's a way for everyone one to "feel" like they're more connected and in touch with each other.
I think you might want to ask users of the different technologies how the library can tap into the potential of social networking.
I checked out the myspace-teen page. I enjoyed their pictures. I also found the "site pimping" feature pretty cool and the phishing warning of interest.
Think that covers everything I was supposed to report in my blog.