I started by clicking on and reading the craigslist fact sheet and personal safety tips, then went on the actual site.
Once on the site I went over to the "us cities" menu and clicked on Seattle. Under "gig" I clicked on "writing." Just for fun I checked out a number of the different offers before finally settling on "writing contest,"(later when I went back in the entry had changed to "win a trip to Kauai/travel writing contest"). After clicking on that it took me to the 2009 Travel Writing Contest page. Along the left hand side of that page I noticed a listing of "most popular destinations."
I lived in Washington state for much of my life and spent a good deal of time playing in the Seattle area, and since Seattle was one of the cities listed I clicked on it. That landed me on a page with a colored picture of the Pioneer Square antiques mall. I scrolled down the page and under "more perfect days in Seattle," I clicked on the "Seattle's Pioneer Square" picture which took me to another picture of Pioneer Square as well as an article written by Marion L. Head.
It was a very nostalgic read for me. It stirred memories of the great times I had with friends, and taking the underground tour at night, shopping the antique mall stores, the great food in the area, the Starbucks grande double-shot iced mocha coffees, hanging out at the Elliot Bay Book Company, staying late into the night and early morning hours to drink, hangout with friends and enjoy live bands at Doc Maynards.
I also enjoyed 'relearning' a bit of Seattle's history and remembering all the fun times spent at the Seattle Center, Pikes market and the waterfront.
If you've ever had an interest in knowing what Seattle is like, this article is a good one to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment