Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summarizing thoughts on MMSCL of 2.0 program

This turned out to be a great experience for me. I went into it kicking and screaming but willing to try to learn something from it all. And learn I did!

I'm proud of the fact that I completed the program and made every effort to do a good job on each exercise. I was unable to do most exercises at work because it was too busy to really focus on exercises, understand and/or learn from them. So I completed most exercises at home, which then allowed me all the time needed to be able to get the most out of the web 2.0 program.

I, the techno moron, have actually explained things like tweeting to tech savvy friends, and now know what blogging and wiki are all about. I'm happy to finally understand and know how to use Suffolk Wave so I can help patrons and others make good use of it.

I feel like doing the exercises most definitely opened a whole new world to me, and it's not as scary and difficult to grasp as I imagined it all would be. I also feel completing web 2.0 has enhanced my skills as a floor clerk. I now know more about our library's website, the different icons and information on it. As a result I have made greater use of it when helping patrons. Having an understanding of tag clouds etc., displayed in OPAC has also made me more effective and helpful to patrons.

All in all, I'm glad I didn't shy away from completing this program. My thanks to all of you who made this program happen and to those who had to read my often lengthy exercise blogs. Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment