I started by going in and looking around on mmscl/teens Google Reader. I read a few news articles, and checked the weather.
I went on to create my own account on 'Google Reader' using the same username I used for my blog: spiritfreeZ. I subscribed to 4 feeds for now. The BBC World News-Front Page Headlines, New York Times, Youtube weekly favorites and Youtube top rated videos.
Yesterday and today I read the BBC headlines, and today I watched a few Youtube videos. Most were not that great, however I found 2 I really enjoyed. The first was Brian & Katie's Evolution of wedding dancing. If you need a good laugh take a look at the video.
The second Youtube video I watched was more educational and worth your time too. You can check it out at Youtube. It's titled "Moon in Google Earth." What I learned from the video that I did not know is that because there is no atmosphere on the moon the sky is black rather than the blue we have on earth. I also learned when that when astronout Harrison (Jack) Schmitt landed on the moon in Apollo 17 in Dec of 1972, he landed in the valley of Tarswetle, which is deeper than that of the Grand Canyon, the mountains on both sides being 7,000 feet high. When he looked over the side of the valley he could see the planet earth hanging there against the black sky. I will be visiting the interactive website they suggested, "Moon in Google Earth.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment